Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pottery and teatime


I signed myself up for a 6 week pottery class last year and I just finished it up last week. 

As much fun as it was, it proved to be a bit challenging also. I really enjoyed getting messy and trying with all my might to get that 1 lb. of clay centered and into something useful and/or beautiful! But it was also difficult to get out of the house and have a night away from my family. I do believe it is valuable to get away and especially to do something like learning something new, but as a mom of little ones still, I found it hard toward the end of the class to just get out that door and down the road. 

So, while I am glad to have taken the class and so thankful that Micheal is so cool - better that cool! - to allow time away, I can honestly say I'm glad the class is over too.

What can I say, it's a fine line to a balanced life. ;) 





The kids and Micheal were so surprised at how "real" they looked in the words of my 8 year old. "Whoa, Mom! They're like, real!"  I guess they expected "fake" pottery! In all honesty, these few bowls and teacups are the most expensive dishes we own, and the most loved. Totally worth it. 

Now on to the best part of all this pottery making........




This guy has decided he loves to drink chai with his mama while perusing over cookbooks. And he insists on using this special mug! I had thought about putting their names on some pieces but never did, but they have had no problem staking claim to them. 


I am so happy to have done something new. Lifelong learning is a good mantra if you're ever going to have one. 

It might turn out different than you were expecting, but isn't that the great part. You'll never know if you don't try! 

Next on the list: ZIPLINE!!

Cheers to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment