Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New creation




I made some goals on paper last year. I can't find the paper. Yeah, must've been really important. Ha! I know that some of them happened, some didn't. More photography was learned. Check! I sure wish I saved a bunch of money. No check for that one!  Eh. Life goes on. 

But of course, I will write another list. You know why? Because I LOVE making lists! Maybe this year I will check them all off. Maybe I won't. I will strive for a thankful and productive life and that's that. 

So, what is my list of things this year? I'm so glad you asked.... ;) 


1. Pray. Pray for the sake of communing with my God. Pray for the evil to be undone. Pray for forgiveness. Pray for joy. Pray for the brokenhearted. Pray. Pray. Pray. 
2. Read. Read the Bible of course. It's a given right? Or maybe somedays, it's not. Lord help me! Read things that stretch me and grow me and teach me and make me laugh and cry and think more about creation and humans and why I am here, living the specific life God has provided to me. 
3. Write. In my journal where no one will read it til I'm dead or old and my kids might gain some insight to what I was feeling or dealing with at a particular time in my life. Write on this here blog for the joy that it is to share my thoughts and life with others. Write letters to friends and family to stay connected. Emails count.  ;) 
4. Do something I've never done. Or better yet, a few things! I really want to zip line and I have a photography project that hopefully will happen this year. 
(I know it's not quite yet 2014 but I scuba dived today! Already doing new things!) 
5. Don't stop dreaming. That's a good goal in my opinion. Dreaming helps with the day to day monotony. It spurs me to try new things which makes me feel like I am LIVING baby and also helps me accomplish my #4. 
6. Love. Serve my people. Find new people. Make them my people. Love them all. 

And that my friends is what I want to accomplish this new year of 2014. Yes, there will be so much more than this list. I can't wait to see what there will be. But this list is to help guide my decisions of day to day life. Live intentionally!! There are and will always be choices. That's a gift from God. Choices. Make 'em good ones! 

God bless you all this new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment