Monday, December 23, 2013

Calm and bright







Feeling and knowing that I am a blessed woman. I have these four children. Another two in heaven who I am dying to meet and a kind, hard working, hilarious husband of 12 years. I have family on both sides (mine and my husband's) that are truly some of the most generous and loving people I know. We have a network of friends throughout the country that we love and that love us. I have a relationship with Elohim, The Creator of this world, and I am at peace with Him. I have done nothing to earn His love. I just received it and He continues to give it graciously, daily, moment my moment.

Do you know this God? I hope you do! He can get a bad rap for being intolerant. He can be misunderstood. But I have read the Bible and I know why He says what He says. It is because he knows us humans. He understands, better than we do, how to really and truly enjoy this life and have the freedom from guilt. He knows that if we follow His ways, there will be love and there will be a way of living that is gracious and kind and good. I realize it can be hard to lay down our "rights" or our own ideas of what "really livin'" is to us, as individuals. But I have seen time and time again, how when someone comes to know this God, the One True God, that they are softened to the hardness of life and enjoy the freedom of what it means to live for Jesus. Yes, there are rules. Yes, God has a right way to live. But every time I surrender to His will and lay down my own ways or desires, I am free and I just don't quite get it, but it works beautifully! I surrender all is one of the hardest songs for me to sing and mean the words that come out of my mouth. But....

 when I do, surrender that is, I have peace. I just can't get over that word.

 Peace.

 That feeling. 

 Peace. 

That assurance.

 Peace. 

I pray you have peace this Christmas. I pray you have peace for always and forever. Peace with God Almighty! Peace within yourself! Peace with others!

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. ~ II Thessalonians 3:16



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment