Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord




Alright, so I'm thirty now and learning all sorts of new things about myself. A new thing this week revealed is that I'm pretty darn good at saying no. 


I almost have no problem saying no if I don't want to do something. Or even if I do but am nervous about it. It seems for all the articles I have read and people's comments that most have the exact opposite problem. Saying yes to too much. Anyone else on board with my side of the problem? 

One of my favorite verses is: 

 1 Thessalonians 4:11 ... that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands...


A lot has changed since having children. I am quite content to stay at home most days. Adding to that is the fact that taking four children out and about is fairly difficult, even when they are well behaved! Add in another factor of a husband's hectic work schedule and it just makes sense to stay home and not overcommit. 

But the flip side.....




we miss out on beauty, fun, community, learning. 

 We have a full day planned today and not much time planned as a complete family, let alone some one on one time with my husband. There was a field trip planned to go to a local greenhouse. I almost said no. I'm so glad we went! 






It was beautiful and fun and informative. I learned of another local business to support and how it is in the fourth generation of family owners!! The kids loved it. 

We have been blessed with a fantastic group of families in our lives in the last few months who we really connect with and love. And we get to do life together! I love the time we spend together, getting to know each other and letting the kids be kids. 

It was just the two oldest which made it so much easier on me and this is where I still feel like saying no is alright. I have young children. A baby that still wakes up in the middle of the night and has a hard time being still when he is awake. My mind just can't handle the chaos of 4 children by myself in a new place as well as some Moms can. I realize my limits and instead of stressing out about going we just usually stay home. 

All this to say, I am trying to find a balance of yes and no. Stay and go. What is really good and worth while and what we could miss and be just fine about. It was lovely taking the older ones today and leaving the littles at home. A nice change of pace.





It was lovely saying yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment