Friday, August 9, 2013

The view from where I'm sitting


I lay on my comfy couch, my head upon the cute handmade pillow, The Rend Collective playing softly in the background, my body beside my adorable 8 month son. I look out the spotless window seeing emerald trees swaying ever so slightly from the God given breeze taking a little of the heat away. I stare at the hazy blue sky filled with crisp white cotton candy puffs. My husband is at the store getting me jelly jars to fill with blueberry fig jam. My oldest three children are sitting under a tree 3 miles away with their Granny Great, listening to stories from her childhood mesmerized I'm sure. She tells great stories. My husband is blessed with the same gift of storytelling. 

I just unloaded a van half full of beautiful food to consume. I get teary eyed thinking about the bountiful blessings He gives weekly. He provides. Faithfully. I am grateful. 

I talk with my Mom and sister hundreds of miles away. My daughter types "I love you so so so so so so so so so so much" to her cousin thousands of miles across the Pacific. 

We tickle and snuggle with our children. We read books brought home from the library. We create art. We go on family bike rides. We jump on our trampoline. We make different food everyday, multiple times in a day.  And I take pictures using a $1000.00 camera of it all. 









I am blessed with all of this. And more than what all this means to me, I am at peace with the God that has created it all and given it all and so much more. I know His voice. He knows my heart more than I do and hears my cries and joys and happy songs I sing when only my kids are around. 

I am blessed. Today I remember it. Today I think upon it all. Today I pray for the grace to remember it all tomorrow when it doesn't look so pretty. 

Keeping a good perspective for God calls us to be thankful always because it is fitting for His people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment