Monday, May 13, 2013

Alas, it is warm!

Summer weather is HERE! Yay! The sun is soothing to our bodies. The sound of the water from the neighbor's sprinklers put us to bed. The birds are chirping. The grass is growing! Kids jump on the trampoline in the early morning and late evening hours. Then we sleep in from staying up so late and another day begins. I love this time of year. 





Grace and I were driving to a Mother's dinner the other night with the windows down. The wind was blowing our hair all around and we were singing loud together. I looked at my 8 year old and mentally took a picture that I hope stays with me forever. It was a moment of, "Wow, she is getting big. She is turning into one of my best friends. This moment. Don't forget it." 
We had a nice time at the dinner but she was thinking it was going to be more FUN. I told her I agreed. Maybe we could host a Mother's day party and we could play games instead of just talk. ;) Love her! 




There are dandelions shooting up all over our yard. We have made some good use out of some of them. Making cookies, painting with them, making flower crowns and chains. Maybe I am not a winter crafter, knitting and crocheting. Maybe it is the luring flowers of Spring that spark creativity in me. It sure feels like it! 












It has been an interesting couple of weeks. God is changing things up on us again. Moving us out of our comfort. It's good. It's all good. :) Lots of learning going on for all of us. 
Baby included. He is sitting up and rolling over. He rocks on his hands and knees and scoots backwards. He sucks on his hands pretty much all day and talks, talks, and talks. He fits in perfectly with this family! 
One of the things I noticed this morning is that when he wakes up, everyone drops what they are doing and goes into our bedroom to say good morning to him and play and coo at him. LOVE THAT!
Maybe that is why he is so happy all the time. SO MUCH ATTENTION!!


Looking forward to another beautiful week. Praying for God's continued guidance on the home we are trying to buy and the business we are in the process of buying and the way "school" looks like in our family. 
Like I said, lots of growing and stretching. It's all good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment