Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hands


It hit me yesterday. I have three more months of what I have now. I'm not really even guaranteed that. 
Life will be changing. 
My "baby" is doing more and more on his own every day. Just last week he needed me to open the 
emergen-C packet. He can do it himself now. He asked me to teach him how to make oatmeal. 
One more thing he can do independently. 
While being pregnant I have had days of pure exhaustion which allows all three kids
to learn something new. Mama can't or just doesn't have the energy to, so I let them take over. 
It's a bittersweet thing. 
I love that they are learning life skills. I love that I am learning to not have to be in control all the time. 
It hurts just a little when I get all emotional about how fast kids grow up and realize how they are not
so needy for Mama anymore. But then the dishes get done and their shoes are tied and their teeth are brushed and their beds are made. That makes me happy!! Not gonna lie. ;)
Yes, life is changing and I am OK with it. We have to be don't we? 
Glad there is another little one coming soon. I lie in bed dreaming of changing diapers, 
giving baths, nursing, even waking up in the middle of the night.  I'm sure this optimism 
will change a bit when exhaustion sets in, but for now I will enjoy the moment. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for baby!! It is fun to watch the kids grow and learn!!

    ReplyDelete