Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another year gone by

The thing about daughters is that just when you go and get excited about
having one, she turns out to be a complete daddy's girl. 
Sure, she says she loves you and gives hugs and wants to cook 
with you in the kitchen but those eyes and that small beating 
heart is all for Daddy. ;) 
That's how it is in this family at least. 



She is a laid back kind of girl, only being sassy with her little brothers.  These photos remind me a bit of Hawaii with the colors, just missing 
water! She would fit right in with the island life. 

She also has her own ideas and usually will not give in to what Mama wants! Hair, clothes, books,
whatever! In a lot of ways I am thankful for that. She hopefully will stand up for herself and 
not let others tell her what to think or do as she is immersed more in the world. 






Photography and food are two things we have in common. 
This girl will eat just about anything! And she is known for snagging the last bite off of the plate!
I love having a daughter, even if it is a lot different than I thought it would be. Well, motherhood in
general is. Those boys are a conundrum sometimes too! 

If I could use one word to describe my daughter that would be a disservice to her.
A few words come to mind when thinking about my girl.
 Creative ~ fun ~ silly ~ loving ~ helpful ~ bossy ~ tough 




Last year we started a tradition of taking our kids on a date for their birthday and also making sure
we get some good photos. It has been a really sweet time that we all look forward to.

Psalm 139:14 
I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment