Saturday, August 2, 2014

Castles in the sand, trusting in the Rock

To start this post off,  I want to share that sometimes things don't work out as you think they will. When I wrote this post, I was on cloud nine, but I had counted my chickens before they hatched. The next day, the guy came to work and said his wife had shown them their finances and they shouldn't be spending more money on a truck. So our truck is still for sale. God knows what we need and more importantly, He knows when we need it. Apparently our truck doesn't need to sell, just yet. 


When we got that call a couple months ago about the job, we just knew it was God opening a door for us. It was exciting, but in all reality there is a lot that has to happen for it all to work out. I was watering our garden one morning and was talking with Jesus about it all and He convicted my heart of unbelief. Ouch! 

I had asked for prayer and we have been praying for things to happen but I did in fact have a heart that kept saying quietly, "I don't think this is working out. I don't think our house will rent. I don't think anyone will buy the truck. I don't, I don't, I don't...." 

So there I was in the back yard and my eyes were opened! Stop with the "I don't" and start believing the, "God can." 

And He has! 

Our house has renters moving in the first of September. Our business is selling. The house in the mountains is working out. The job is waiting for us. We signed Micheal up for school! 

We still need to sell the truck and van but we still need them to get around, so I am praying, really believing, that God will sell them right when they need to be out of our lives. 

We are doing what we can to make this all happen, but that isn't much. God is the One that really does the work. He is the One that opens doors and closes them. Gives and takes away. We are just sand in His open palm. 


This whole transition has been a great time of seeking the Lord and waiting patiently, in hope. 

And that is great practice for the ultimate thing we wait for, the hope of our salvation, coming in the clouds to take us to heaven, where we will forever sing His praises and talk of all the wonderful things He has done and who God is! 

The next few weeks will be super busy, so will you please continue to pray that we would rest in Him, and that God would continue to work all things out. We sure would appreciate it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment