Monday, June 30, 2014

I heard a hushed voice

...... "that God was waiting in the depths of my being to speak to me if I would only be still enough to hear His voice."  - Streams in the Desert, pg. 255, A.B. Simpson


Do you hear Him?

Close your eyes and try to concentrate.

Drown out the sounds of dogs barking and machines whizzing.

Do you hear Him?

Tell yourself to shush. Don't worry about the bill needing to be paid, the laundry crumpled in the corner.



Spill your heart out to Him if it helps to calm you. Then be still. Know God. He is there and wants to whisper sweet words of life to you. 


Let Him overwhelm you. Let Him share His heart with you. Let Him reveal the answer to your problem or encourage your heart to just wait a wee bit longer, the answer will be coming shortly. 

Open up the dialogue with God and He will keep the conversation going quite wonderfully.  

.
.
.
.
.

It was a hectic night of a cranky baby. An early morning of challenging myself with a new photography shoot. A nice visit with a couple of my girl friends. Coming home to extra kids and making lunch. All blessed things, just busy. Late this afternoon I was washing fruit and staring at my wilting roses and decided to take a few pictures. Then I laid down, rested and talked to God. The down time wasn't long but I found myself thinking over what God and I had talked about the rest of the evening. I was comforted and sent out again to finish the day. 

And so the story continues........ what will He say next? How will I respond? It's a conversation that will never end and never be boring or irrelevant. It's a conversation I long for more and more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment